Over the next few months, Transition Newcastle will be offering five workshops for members of community groups. The workshops are funded through the Fair Share Festival grant we received from UnitingCare Ageing (Hunter, Central Coast, and New England).
The workshops will focus on a range of practical tools or skills for working with communities. The workshops are 2:00 – 5:00 pm on Saturday afternoons
- 31 March – Facilitating community engagement
- 12 May – Hosting community conversations (including appreciative inquiry, world cafes and open space)
- 2 June – Sustaining community leadership
- 23 June – Responding to conflict (both within and outside your group)
- 21 July – Building on community strengths (asset based community development)
The cost is what you can afford (suggested minimum $10) and the workshops are at the Family Action Centre, The University of Newcastle.