Transition Newcastle is organising another Fair Share Festival at Hamilton Public School in Newcastle, from Friday 11 till Sunday 13 November 2016.
Timed to coincide with National Recycling Week, the Festival will focus on over-consumption and waste in our society, the environmental and social impacts, and our responses to these impacts. We believe that, as a society, it is important that we ensure we use no more than our fair share of the world’s resources, and that we work towards an economic fair share for all.
We hope to have a range of speakers/presenters at the Festival to cover the many facets of over-consumption and waste. We also plan to have:
- workshops on upcycling clothing and textiles, mosaics, timber (pallets) and furniture
- a giant clothing swap
- an ongoing upcycling project throughout the Festival, possibly reusing plastic bottles
- repair cafés for textiles, furniture and bicycles
- market stalls – food and other stalls
- children’s upcycling/art activities
- an upcycled fashion parade